About the Presentation
Major studies on transportation finance and investment have been released recently by the Itasca Group, Counties Transit Investment Board, and Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The Chambers of Commerce from Minneapolis and St. Paul hosted a discussion on the results of these studies, on public attitudes toward transit funding, and on legislative responses.
Laurie McGinnis, Director, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota
Major recent studies and their implications for the region
Moderated by Lee Munnich, Director, State and Local Policy Program, Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota
- Transit Program of Projects (PPT)- Peter McLaughlin, Chair, Counties Transit Improvement Board
- Return on Investment in Transit (PPT) - Jay Cowles, Chair, ITASCA Project Transportation Committee
- Governor's Transportation Finance Advisory Committee (PPT) - Charlie Zelle, Commissioner of MnDOT
- Minnesota's Public Attitudes Toward Transit Funding (PPT) - Will Schroeer, Director, Infrastructure for Economic Development, Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce and Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce
LA's Got Lines 2 (Video shown by Comm. McLaughlin at beginning of presentation)
- Rep. Frank Hornstein, Chair, Transportation Finance Committee, Minnesota House of Representatives
- Susan Haigh, Chair, Metropolitan Council