The key findings to this point are:
- Freight rail is important to the economic competitiveness of Minnesota and plays a vital role in movement of key Minnesotan industries;
- The partnership between Class 1 and Shortline railroads is valuable and essential for the economic growth of Greater Minnesota;
- Freight rail and its infrastructure is under recognized in comparison to other modes of transportation;
- Intermodal transportation policy represents the next important area of progress for policymakers and industry professionals; and
- Public perception of freight rail's value generally lags behind its actual importance to the economy and communities which it serves.
We plan to post a video recording of the event soon.